At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Civil Engineer, we'll count on you to:
* Serve as the civil engineering subject matter expert. Performs the design of and directs the development of the construction drawings and develops specifications for civil and/or structural engineering systems such as sewer mains, storm and sanitary sewer lines, sanitary lift stations, parking lot and road repaving, construction or rehabilitation of existing structures.
* Evaluate projects to determine the most appropriate and economical systems to serve a facility.
* Oversee the preparation of, or prepares, original design and preliminary and final layout of civil/structural projects, including size, capacity, and economy.
* Participate in final on-site inspection.
* Perform contract related services such as writing scope of work, site surveys, contractor selection, negotiations, construction performance monitoring, product design, design review of internal and external A/E designs, and evaluation, inspection and acceptance of bids.
* Prepare detailed independent government estimates for use in obtaining project funding and bid evaluation, and prepares complete construction document packages suitable for construction contract advertisement.
* Bachelor's degree in professional engineering in a school of engineering accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
* 5 years experience in general civil engineering
* PE in the state of Oklahoma
* Be willing to submit to a background check
* Knowledge of design for Department of Defense facilities preferred
* Knowledge of the Internal Building Code, NFPA Life Safety Code, ASCE 7, ACI Standards, AISC Standards, and Unified Facilities Criteria.
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project Schedule).
* Strong knowledge of codes and good planning skills
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.