At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental, and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts, and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
- This is a leadership position in the Engineering Flight of the 72d Civil Engineer Directorate at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma.
- Subject matter expert for mechanical engineering; responsibilities shall include the design and technical review of mechanical systems including, but not limited to; Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Controls; Plumbing; Fire Suppression; Natural Gas Distribution; Compression Air, and Material Handling / Specialty Equipment such as cranes, elevators, and diesel prime movers for power generation.
- Perform HVAC designs for projects such as single or multi-storied barracks; academic complexes; aircraft flight control or simulation facilities; administrative, dining, and multipurpose centers; medical complexes; schools, child development centers; chapels; industrial, manufacturing, and special process facilities; warehouse and storage buildings; machine shops; vehicle, weapons, and fuel cell repair shops; recreation and resource operations buildings; commissaries; refrigeration and cold storage buildings; aircraft corrosion control and paint stripping facilities.
- Provide leadership and serve as the principal point of contact for design teams within the Engineering Division for assigned projects from design startup through construction.
- Interact with other agency designers, project managers, and top agency officials to resolve conflicts in criteria, develop the design and contracting strategies that result in advertising, contract award, and construction and/or renovation of mission-essential facilities.
- Produces complete contract packages including, but not limited to independent government estimates, drawings and specifications; manages projects from the design phase through completion of construction/renovation.
- Analyze mechanical system design calculations/procedures
- Perform Life Cycle Cost Analysis to select the most cost-effective building envelope and electrical/mechanical systems
- Reviews designs completed internally or by an outside A/E firm
- Calculate HVAC building loads using Trane Trace, Carrier HAP, or other building loads calculation programs designed for HVAC and energy simulation