- Position: Senior Loan Review Officer
- Location: Muskogee, OK or Norman, OK
SENIOR LOAN REVIEW OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION Summary & Purpose:
While projecting a professional image; accomplish independent assessments of credit to determine quality of underwriting, administration and problem loan management. Provide independent and objective assertion to the Board of Directors and the Credit Risk Committee that approved scoping criteria is accomplished by means of a deliberate loan review assessment of credit risk by examining individual credits, officer portfolios and segment reviews. Bring a systematic, disciplined approach to the loan review evaluation and design for continuous improvement and strength for sound underwriting practices. Essential Functions:
- Ensure that customers are assisted promptly in person, by telephone, or electronically by meeting or exceeding Bank standards as identified in the SMILE program.
- Evaluate the accuracy of loan officer risk ratings; assigning and supporting more suitable risk ratings where appropriate.
- Evaluates the accuracy and adequacy of loan documentation, lien perfection, and collateral (real estate appraisals, equipment appraisals, field reports.
- Maintain an advanced level of understanding of loan policy requirements, regulatory expectation and compliance with policies and procedures
- Test for compliance to any applicable federal laws/resolutions
- Evaluate and opine on the adequacy of credit underwriting, loans structure, risk rating accuracy and compliance with the Board approved Loan Policy.
- Prepare detailed opinions through written and oral communications, reports and dashboard summaries to support exam findings.
- Identify existing and emerging risk trends within portfolios; providing early detection of potential weaknesses for timely corrective actions to minimize losses.
- Track issues identified in review and ensue action plans are developed to address and mitigate.
- Interact with and support other credit related functions within the Bank.
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory reports as directed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business related field a related field with minimum 3.0 overall GPA required
- Minimum of three years' experience as a Loan Review Officer or High School Diploma and a minimum of seven years' experience as Loan Review Officer, Commercial Credit Analyst or Commercial Loan Officer
- Loan Review Certification preferred
- Possess and maintain a valid Oklahoma Driver's License.
- Long periods of standing or sitting, typing and repetitive motion
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs on occasion